cycle rollers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

3tyretrackterry

Hello
Apologies if this has been discussed before but does anyone use rollers with recumbents and can you use a trike on a roller. I would love to be able to ride at home. I have heard of people using a rear wheel trainer before but never rollers.
Anyone out there who can help me

markg0vbr

Über Member
yes you can just put a block of wood under each front wheel to level the trike up. you might go through back tyres like stink though.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Funny, I was just thinking this last night.

I have a trainer for my upright but the wheel on my KMX is too small to fit. However, I have a spare roller fairlead for a winch and was thinking of using it as a set of rollers under the wheel. If it works I can change the nylon bushing for ball bearings.

davidaw

If you have the space, why not get a dedicated recumbent exercise bike?

they seem to be starting at similar prices,
Click here
and you won't be wearing down tyres as rollers can.

Cullin

Über Member
Hi Guys,
I have been off the air for a while, Mrs. C. not been to good this last year so I have had to drive her to work and back everyday, meaning I have not been out for a ride since early last year.
So a couple of weeks ago I got Decathlon to order me a recumbent trainer, I know it cost a little more than those others, but the build quality is very sturdy, and uses Magnetic resistance, it runs silent, very silent.
I would recomend this unit without any hesitation. http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/va-300-137295744/
Went out for a little ride on the Trike this morning and took my Sat Map GPS along with my new toy, A wind chager ( 1.2A Li-Pol Battery inside ) good bit of kit, got it for a fiver from Maplins, has been advertised at £50 odd. http://www.hymini.com/
Sorry I have not been around much, had a lot on.
Cheers to you all.

plantfit

Guru
Hi Cullin,

Sorry to hear about Mrs C, hope she's picking up now and I wish her well as does everyone else on this site, look forward to seeing you out on the trikes again this year, maybe Rutland again, who knows, anyway both of you take care and look forward to a better year this year

Roger

Top Bottom