Cycle to Mazarron from Reading uk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sicoop123

Active Member
Hey all

I plan to cycle from Reading to southern Spain ( Mazarron ) have any of you tackled such a ride and do you have any route recommendations?

I’m kind of thinking, down to Portsmouth over to Le Havre. West coast of France over the Pyrenees and east coast of Spain! I’ve been told the route of el CID is good ?

Are there any pitfalls/ pluses on this sort of route.
cheers Si
 

Jameshow

Guru
I think wine cheese and baguettes will be the real pit falls!

Just take your time and enjoy! I'd ride in the morning and sightsee in the afternoon!

If you push it and it's warm you'll suffer!
 
OP
OP
sicoop123

sicoop123

Active Member
The route planning site that most of us seem to use and recommend here is cycle.travel. I’ve used it for all my Europe trips and cannot recommend it enough. Have a bash on that site and see what route it recommends.
 
OP
OP
sicoop123

sicoop123

Active Member
Thanks
 

joeegg

Active Member
Location
Barnard Castle
Have you thought of Portsmouth/Bilbao or Santander ? You could cycle across central Spain rather than hitting the probably a lot busier roads down the coast.Below Madrid down to Albacete the scenery is pretty drab so a route slightly further north would be more appealing.
 
Top Bottom