Cycle trips around Boulogne - Is this a good idea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Footy

Hello as a new member to CC can I ask for some advice?

I have been on and ended up organizing cycling tours in France and the UK for the last 5 years with a round 20 mates.
We are not athletes but achieve around 80 - 100 klms a day and have a really good time and drink too much and laugh to much.

I also have a house in France 20 mins from the tunnel and just 10 mins from the coast at Wimmereux - in the Pas De Calais. The house is on a cycle route and I have been out exploring the routes and countryside and it is brilliant for cycling.

So my question is in two parts

Does anybody think that people from the Uk would like to come and stay and ride around the Pas De Calais?

Do you think people will want a guided tour and to be provided bed - breakfast and evening meal in a very friendly environment or or would people prefer to set off and do their own thing?

If anybody is interested and fancies giving it a go during October, with a group of friends please let me know as I could use you as the test group and as such be very cost effective. We could look after 8 - 12 people?

Thanks for your help in advance.

1965phil

can we camp in your garden

Crankarm

Guru
Whoo hooo you have a property in France! Lucky for you. So basically you are hawking for business/punters?

If it was a free stay including food I don't see why not although Pas de Calais would not be top of my list of areas to visit as it is pretty boring. It's just a stopping off point if necessary before getting on/off the ferry. The weather is too much like the UK as well - crap. Boulogne as a town is nice, as far as it goes sort of thing, although it has been 25 years since I was last there so may well have changed.

OP
OP
F

Footy

Whoo hooo you have a property in France! Lucky for you. So basically you are hawking for business/punters?

If it was a free stay including food I don't see why not although Pas de Calais would not be top of my list of areas to visit as it is pretty boring. It's just a stopping off point if necessary before getting on/off the ferry. The weather is too much like the UK as well - crap. Boulogne as a town is nice, as far as it goes sort of thing, although it has been 25 years since I was last there so may well have changed.

OP
OP
F

Footy

Thanks for your help and support.

If I was punting for business I would set up a web page an advertise. The reason for the email was to see what people thought, is it something worth looking into further.

As you have not been to Boulogne for 25 years I appreciate your in depth knowledge and respect your informed view on the subject.

mc1

Hi Everyone,
I dont suppose anyone out there knows where abouts in Boulogne the 3rd stage of the 2012 tour de france ends??

Many Thanks..

Top Bottom