Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Jeremy Clarkson v Piers Morgan

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Rocky Balboa v Clubber Lang

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Mother Theresa v Nelson Mandela

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Got to be Clinton vs 'The Fart'

Close but no cigar

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Really.....I have never heard of it before.
The oral history of the style states that one of the Five Elders of the Shaolin Temple – a female Abbess named Ng Mui – developed the founding principles of the art following her completed studies of the more traditional, animal-influenced Shaolin styles and the Fujian White Crane style of Kung-Fu.

Her own experiences during both armed and unarmed engagements vs. more powerful male combatants led her to revise these existing fighting methods, developing a more intelligent approach that emphasised superior technical skills instead of brute force, thus being ideally suited to the physically smaller, less powerful person.

Allegedly, Ng Mui had cause to teach her new, as yet unnamed method to a young woman named Yim Wing Chun to help her overcome the attentions of an unwanted suitor. Yim proved to be an excellent student, mastering the principles sufficiently to emerge victorious from her challenge match and thus uphold the honour of her family and her teacher. In recognition of her effort and dedication, Ng Mui chose to name the new style after her student, and so the history of Wing Chun Kuen – literally “Wing Chun’s Boxing”, began in earnest.

It suited me as im 5 foot 7 , fairly light and even the head of the lau gar kung fu based in birmingham said i have fast hands during one tournament

Dave7

Legendary Member
The oral history of the style states that one of the Five Elders of the Shaolin Temple – a female Abbess named Ng Mui – developed the founding principles of the art following her completed studies of the more traditional, animal-influenced Shaolin styles and the Fujian White Crane style of Kung-Fu.

Her own experiences during both armed and unarmed engagements vs. more powerful male combatants led her to revise these existing fighting methods, developing a more intelligent approach that emphasised superior technical skills instead of brute force, thus being ideally suited to the physically smaller, less powerful person.

Allegedly, Ng Mui had cause to teach her new, as yet unnamed method to a young woman named Yim Wing Chun to help her overcome the attentions of an unwanted suitor. Yim proved to be an excellent student, mastering the principles sufficiently to emerge victorious from her challenge match and thus uphold the honour of her family and her teacher. In recognition of her effort and dedication, Ng Mui chose to name the new style after her student, and so the history of Wing Chun Kuen – literally “Wing Chun’s Boxing”, began in earnest.

It suited me as im 5 foot 7 , fairly light and even the head of the lau gar kung fu based in birmingham said i have fast hands during one tournament

Remind me never to pick a fight with you.

Top Bottom