Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Henry Cavill

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Colin Firth

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Beau Brummell

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
It's a nice brolly, hence the nice price, but you have to remember most umbrellas can blow inside out in strong winds no matter their price. Yes, the more expensive ones should have a well made sturdy frame, but even so one must take care when opening one's umbrella in very strong winds!! 🧐 :okay:
True story, you could not make this up!
As a teenager it was normal to carry umbrellas. My Dad drummed into me "Fox frames are the best you can get".
So, on holiday in Cornwall with 2 friends.......it started to rain a was windy. Out came my trusty Fox frame brolly. I had (honestly) just finished saying "Fox frame!! best you can get" when wham! it blew inside out.
Fortunately it made me laugh.

True story, you could not make this up!
As a teenager it was normal to carry umbrellas. My Dad drummed into me "Fox frames are the best you can get".
So, on holiday in Cornwall with 2 friends.......it started to rain a was windy. Out came my trusty Fox frame brolly. I had (honestly) just finished saying "Fox frame!! best you can get" when wham! it blew inside out.
Fortunately it made me laugh.

Never heard of them before. They seem a bit pricey?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/33507859...r6dhmf8suq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

tyred

Legendary Member
I purchased a Fulton umbrella after reading reviews somewhere. I walk everywhere in town and it I considered it a worthwhile investment as I was sick of cheapos from Sports Direct that fell apart.

Several years in, it is still perfect. I don't believe it has ever blown inside out. You actually need to be careful in stormy weather as you can career down the street under the power of sail. ^_^

The only problem is I never feel happy leaving in pubs in case someone walks off with it.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The only problem is I never feel happy leaving in pubs in case someone walks off with it.
Which many would do if they open the pub door and see rain, then go back inside to find a brolly.:rain: I lent an umbrella to a pub goer walking home in heavy rain, after I saw him while on my doorstep. He didn't ask, I just offered it as a gesture, thinking I might be in his position one day. He was very grateful. It was only a cheapo fiver type one, but he returned it the following day and gave me a tenner, saying he had a long walk home and the brolly kept him from getting totally soaked. What a very decent thing for him to do eh!🧐

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Accy is similar to the Borg Queen

But very much easier on the eye (or so I'm told)

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It's my 63rd birthday today. 🧐

May be an image of 1 person and baby

What am I there, about 3 weeks old maybe? Well, the first episode of Coronation Street was broadcast on the 3rd of December 1960 which was 3 weeks after I was born. So maybe my dad took that photo in the half time break. :whistle:

Last edited:
Top Bottom