Cycles Rossi of Nottingham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PetePlodder

I know that this thread is 15 years old. Maybe you still have the Rossi? Here's my Rossi TT bike...
http://www.carpenterbikes.com/?page_id=227
1578172630683.png

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Looks quite lively with that wheelbase and short rake forks!. I bet it doesn't ride very much like your Royal...… Was Rossi the actual framebuilder, or are we looking at a shop-badged frame bought in wholesale from someone else - like the bulk of the Ian Mays that have appeared?.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Looks quite lively with that wheelbase and short rake forks!. I bet it doesn't ride very much like your Royal...… Was Rossi the actual framebuilder, or are we looking at a shop-badged frame bought in wholesale from someone else - like the bulk of the Ian Mays that have appeared?.

Rossi were a Nottingham based shop and as far as I found out were built in house and it rode very nicely but not relaxed as the royal for sure .

PetePlodder

I found this out about my Rossi from Granville Horton (ex proprietor of Olympic Cycles, Nottingham):- He supplied Bob Rouse (Beeston CC) with the tubeset to build his first frame some time in the ’80s. That was the start of Rossi Cycles of Nottingham, a small “shed-builder”. Early frames were not so good, this later one is quite sophisticated with a top-line component spec for its day. For me, the steering angles are a shade too aggressive when the “aero-bars” are in use, holding a straight line needs constant concentration and correction, which is a distraction.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I found this out about my Rossi from Granville Horton (ex proprietor of Olympic Cycles, Nottingham):- He supplied Bob Rouse (Beeston CC) with the tubeset to build his first frame some time in the ’80s. That was the start of Rossi Cycles of Nottingham, a small “shed-builder”. Early frames were not so good, this later one is quite sophisticated with a top-line component spec for its day. For me, the steering angles are a shade too aggressive when the “aero-bars” are in use, holding a straight line needs constant concentration and correction, which is a distraction.

Shed builder or not they are rare today and well sought after

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Spotted another last Sunday, motor-paced bike being used by Neil Campbell, who's preparing for a crack at the world absolute speed record (not on this bike - he's aiming for 220 mph!) View attachment 502571
I have a front ring like that going spare

Top Bottom