Cycling Advocacy Network

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Anyone thinking of volunteering? Got email on Friday but only just read. Looking for local points of contact and reps. Can't decide if I should though. Will think on it a bit. I have been in email contact with my local council thus far but gone quiet since he asked what I thought would be a good start in my area. Someone mentioned in a post somewhere else that a similar lack of response happened when they pointed out the blindingly obvious.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Who is setting up this one? Aren't CycleNation, CUK, BC, Sustrans, Bike Is Best, Stop Killing Cyclists and ... enough?

What's the slogan going to be? "Cyclists: dividing and conquering ourselves since Victorian times"?

Drago

Legendary Member
Not for me. I promote cycling by simply getting out there and riding my bike. The more people do that, the more good things will follow - the egg will come before the chicken.

Drago

Legendary Member
Well said, Sir! But no, the politiciams probably don't hear the noise, and if they do they doubtless take little heed.

Mandela showed us the way. After a life of violence and terrorism he had an epiphany - simply existing, simply being there, simply refusing to die off or go away is the best method of mass recognition and the bestowing of rights and entitlements that go along with it.

To that end we should work our side of the fence, keep riding, keep encouraging others to ride (the virus, social changes and climate concern will help us there) and eventually the politicians will crumble. Cracks are already appearing.

Top Bottom