Cycling and Risk Taking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Origamist

Legendary Member
From lfgss...

Questionnaire here:

http://myweb.lsbu.ac.uk/~fringsd/cyclestudy.htm

Dear Sir, Madam, Colleague,

Some of you will be aware that I am conducting research into cycling fatalities, if you are not aware then your e-mail address has been supplied to me as someone who may have an interest in the subject area.

In short, I am about to publish a web based questionnaire designed to explore risk taking behaviour in cyclists. The survey will take no more than 10 minutes to complete and is completely anonymous.

I am looking to explore specific data with regards to cyclists and Large Goods Vehicles, although the data I obtain will provide broader information as well. I am hoping that this research will obtain good quality data that can be used to inform road safety projects, aid training for all road users and, ultimately, reduce fatal and serious collisions, especially within the cycling community.

Some of you have assisted me in the preparation of the survey and some of you have taken a pilot study, those that have not are most welcome to complete the questionnaire themselves, but the main reason for sending this circulation is to ask you all to publicise the web link as far and wide as possible. Some of you have already agreed to host the link on a web page relevant to your organisation and I would ask that, if any of you have such a facility, that you do so as well. My target audience is, obviously, cyclists, but I do not want to be too specific about the groups of people I am interested in because people may self-exclude themselves, and I do not want that to happen, as all data will be useful.

You will all be aware that any research is only as good as the information that comes in, so the wider the response the more useful the information will be. I am sending this message out now so that those of you that need to prepare a web slot can do so and to ask those, for whom this is first contact, to consider what they may be able to do to assist.

I am hoping to send the link out very shortly and I will run the survey for a three week period when it goes live.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me, details below. The mobile telephone number is probably the best one.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Andy.

Andy Rose
Detective Inspector

Head of Collision Investigation Unit
Alperton Traffic Unit

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Done - interesting questions - although a bit repetitive if you are someone who is more cautious in your behaviour.

(In the process of forwarding it on noticed I seem to have a different link as a result of copying the web address on my page...
http://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/lsbu/cycling_other - not sure how that happened).

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Done, and passed on to some friends.

Like Summerdays, I think all my answers to the lorry questions were the same. Don't overtake the bloody thing!

GrasB

Veteran
Done... fairly well constructed & easy to answer. I only hope I've not irritated someone as I wrote a fair bit explaining certain answers more fully because the survey left me in between 2 differing answer.

summerdays said:
Done - interesting questions - although a bit repetitive if you are someone who is more cautious in your behaviour.

(In the process of forwarding it on noticed I seem to have a different link as a result of copying the web address on my page...
http://www.survey.bris.ac.uk/lsbu/cycling_other - not sure how that happened).

the link Origamist gave forwards you to the page you've linked to summerdays

Top Bottom