Cycling and the Camelback.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roadiewill

Ive got one, only really use it on the mtb though

U

User482

I've used them since the early 90s - never had a problem with them. Their real advantage is offroad - as they stay out of the muck spray from the front wheel. That said, I quite like to use it on-road too, as I can carry more liquid than a bottle, plus its handy for storing a waterproof, tools & food. Having the tube close to your mouth is surely safer than having to reach for a bottle.

The newer ones have a very large filling port, and all you need to do to keep them clean is rinse with clean water and store the bladder in the freezer. I suppose your back does get a bit sweaty, but hey, it's a bike ride.

domtyler

Über Member
I used to use a Deuter Bike1 back pack before I got panniers which had space for a bladder, I used it a bit but found the washing routine to be a right royal pita. I had the sweaty back from the back pack anyway so didn't notice that any more or less.

Since I got panniers though I haven't worn my back pack apart from a few isolated occasions and have now thrown the bladder away as something broke on it.

Top Bottom