Cycling at Lake Windermere

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dibs

Veteran
Anyone cycled the route from Windermere, over the ferry and the 4 mile coastal route? Looking to do this with my wife and 7 yr old, looks like it's suitable for a young new cyclist (son, not my wife!)!

:bicycle:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Yes. I rode that way last summer (link). Once off the road to the ferry you're onto a quiet road along the shore which turns into a well surfaced gravel road which is closed to motor vehicles. It's a bit up and down in places but I'd say it's a good route.:thumbsup:

MikeW-71

Veteran
Anyone cycled the route from Windermere, over the ferry and the 4 mile coastal route? Looking to do this with my wife and 7 yr old, looks like it's suitable for a young new cyclist (son, not my wife!)!
Yep, Windermere, across ferry and turn right after a couple of corners and go through the park. After the park it's gravelled and as Phil says, it's a bit up and down. At the end of it is Wray Castle, well worth a visit, they have loads of kids activities there.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Not much of a climb .... the road is undulating on that side of the lake to hawks head
From the ferry to Far Sawrey it's about 190 feet of climbing and gets a gradient arrow on the map. I don't know if that might be a bit much with a 7 year old in tow?

Top Bottom