Cycling pants..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ASC1951

Guru
potsy said:
..anyone have any/use them?
Oh, right, you mean trousers.

Longs which are loose enough for casual wear are generally too loose for cycling. I would choose substance over form and stick to the Rons.

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
ASC1951 said:
Oh, right, you mean trousers.

Longs which are loose enough for casual wear are generally too loose for cycling. I would choose substance over form and stick to the Rons.
Fixed it,thank you.
I do like the bikesters for riding in,just not for shopping etc.Feel a bit self-conscious in them.

Arch

Married to Night Train
ASC1951 said:

I think it depends on the type of cycling. For a serious (or even frivolous) long ride, I agree, Ronhills are best, but for a trip to the pub or shops, or going out for a little ride with mates, something looser will do fine. Don't tell anyone, but I often ride 3 miles in <whisper> jeans....

My boss rides pretty much everywhere in trousers a bit like the Endura ones, or similar lightweight work or walking trousers. Best thing is to make sure there aren't any seams that will rub in bad places.

ASC1951

Guru
I'm afraid that now that I don't have to go to work any more and wear a suit, it's Ron Hills all the time.

I admit they are resolutely unfashionable. All round Europe you can pretty much guarantee that the wearer is British.

D

Deleted member 1258

I save most of my cycling gear for club runs and other leisure rides. For general running about and riding to and from work I use ordinary clothes, to and from work, 12 miles a day, dickies work trousers, steel toecap boots, polo shirt, sweat shirt and a cycle jacket. Those trousers look a bit expensive but should be Ok for general running about, just get the fit right.

Is Ron Hill cycling kit still available? Most retailers are either 'out of stock' or (like wiggle) suggesting something else.

D

Deleted member 1258

John Ponting said:
Is Ron Hill cycling kit still available? Most retailers are either 'out of stock' or (like wiggle) suggesting something else.

I think they are no longer available, I have switched to Altura, I have a pair of winter cruisers and a pair of summer cruisers

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
Thanks all.Have decided to go with these-slightly cheaper but still look good quality.
Endura Hummvee http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=9363

Top Bottom