cycling plus is now officially dead

will you miss it?

• i'll never get over it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • could be worse. at least we're here now

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
Yorkshireman; hadn't seen your post. Great minds and all that. Still I did spend a good time of my (holiday) youth in Halifax and study in Hull, so maybe I caught something in me genes. No pun intended (but double entendre all you like).

mosschops2

Great Analogy Uncle M!!!

It's a shame that it's completely closed - I think like a lot of people: I met some great people; had a great laugh; was buoyed when feeling down; laughed out loud inappropriately; and hopefully assisted in other peoples enjoyment / questions / circular arguments! I'll miss it, but am not exactly pining for the fjords - I'm just acknowledging that it was great while it lasted!!

ChrisKH said:
Yorkshireman; hadn't seen your post. Great minds and all that. Still I did spend a good time of my (holiday) youth in Halifax and study in Hull, so maybe I caught something in me genes. No pun intended (but double entendre all you like).

:blush:
No problems mate ... I seem to write a fair bit of (rubbish) stuff that seems as though it don`t get read (I`ve just dribbled a load of stuff in another section that I might have been better not bothering .. but what the hell - beats working :rolleyes: .

gbb

Legendary Member
I got a lot of pleasure and information from C+, and was sad to see it go.

Was it the best ? I cant answer that one, suppose you have to look at its long term membership to know that, and compare with the other sites out there.

It certainly suited a good many members for a good time, but all changes in the end. I think we'll settle quite nicely here.
Even if i (we)hadnt been ejected from C+, i would have ended up here rather than BR simply on aesthetics of the room. The second i went in BR, i thought 'sod it...dont like this'

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
An orbituary

I bought my first proper road bike because of C+Forum (and I'm talking about the original C+Forum here, that the one that they just killed replaced... you young kids, you don't know you were born - waves cane - etc.) The training tips and encouragement to join a club made me into the lean mean mountain machine I am today :blush: (ahem...). Then the Soapbox kept me amused in between doing more important things.

So, yes, I'll miss it, but this place is looking better already actually - kinda like C+Forum could have been if Future cared more. And now there's also a giant kiddie-dominated free-for-all for those who want it too... so everyone's happy. :rolleyes:

yenrod

>And now there's also a giant kiddie-dominated free-for-all for those who want it too... so everyone's happy

lol Sure your referring to BR there !

Top Bottom