Cycling safety equipment questionnaire – University major project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AdamMortlock

Regular
Hi fellow cyclists it's me again,

I know I have been posting a lot of questionnaire for my major project and it is possibly annoying a lot of you, well you guys have been really useful in helping me and thanks for that, I have managed to narrow down to a few major problems to do with cycling safety. I know there are products out there to help with this, but they are pretty basic and I want to try and improve on them, something along the lines of ‘intelligent safety device’. Please take a few minutes to fill this out for me as I would really appreciate it and it really will help me in my major project at University.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GDTP8FM#

As usual I will keep looking into here and responding to all posts on here! Please use this thread as an area to discuss further points with me

Thanks,

Adam.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
done with a couple of observations and a wee bit of questionnaire critique. I don't know what the thrust of your idea is but you seem to be taking a very narrow view of cycling as a one size fits all activity, I can't get whether you're seeking information to inform your planning or simply after validation of your existing idea.

you need a 'not relevant' option in your rank these from 1-x questions because some of them just aren't relevant and having to ascribe them a value without opt out legitimises them more than they deserve

OP
OP
AdamMortlock

AdamMortlock

Regular
Yea, I have done many previous questionnaires to get to this point, so if it seems closed that is the reason why, the other problem is that although the forums are great for replies they do target all types of cyclists so yea, maybe it isn't an idea you would be interested in :sad: and maybe as I narrow down the major project I need to look into different sources of information (which I will definetally be doing) But overall I am trying to analyse what cyclists would want from a product to enhance safety into which current products do not furfill. The need for a 'clever' safety product that reacts and changes to your enviroment has already been established by a lot of cyclists, most likely cyclists who are not as confident on the bicycle as you are, it is still open to not blaming the cyclist and maybe a product for a car user could be designed but tyhat is asking a different set of consumers and would need a different questionnaire. I am looking at replies as, if they have been ranked near the bottom then will just be cut off and only the top ideas will go through so the order of the last few don't matter, and if you do not want to answer a question at all you can just skip it. I hope this helps you out answering the questions

Thanks for the time and looking/ filling my questionnaire out

Adam. :cycle:

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Yea, I have done many previous questionnaires to get to this point, so if it seems closed that is the reason why, the other problem is that although the forums are great for replies they do target all types of cyclists so yea, maybe it isn't an idea you would be interested in :sad: and maybe as I narrow down the major project I need to look into different sources of information (which I will definetally be doing) But overall I am trying to analyse what cyclists would want from a product to enhance safety into which current products do not furfill. The need for a 'clever' safety product that reacts and changes to your enviroment has already been established by a lot of cyclists, most likely cyclists who are not as confident on the bicycle as you are, it is still open to not blaming the cyclist and maybe a product for a car user could be designed but tyhat is asking a different set of consumers and would need a different questionnaire. I am looking at replies as, if they have been ranked near the bottom then will just be cut off and only the top ideas will go through so the order of the last few don't matter, and if you do not want to answer a question at all you can just skip it. I hope this helps you out answering the questions

Thanks for the time and looking/ filling my questionnaire out

Adam. :cycle:

thanks for the fulsome reply, it all makes a lot more sense now, apologies for my apparent churlishness

OP
OP
AdamMortlock

AdamMortlock

Regular
thanks for the fulsome reply, it all makes a lot more sense now, apologies for my apparent churlishness

You don't need to apologize, it's something there was no way of knowing before it was explained, trust me there are a lot ruder people on other forums that I am having to deal with, anyway what you said wasn't wrong and a 'not relevant' option would have been a good idea for me to put in, but I can not change once I have put up really. Some lateral thinking is definitely needed on my part as a lot of cyclists (although 3,000 are KSI each year) seem to think everything is done for cyclists and that it is just the motorists.(which is why I narrowed down on the questionnaire, but actually I think it is still cyclists, including myself that makes mistakes from time to time) definitely need to look at what motorists think also.

Thanks for the time to read, and don't apologize for trying to give me advice with your best intentions, I apologize for cutting it down so harshly (72 hours a week work makes me tired, but no excuse)

Adam.

Top Bottom