Cycling Stakeholder Forum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pshore

http://www.theyworkf...80830.h&m=40308

I refer my hon. Friend to my answer of 10 October 2011, Hansard, column 110W. In addition, the Minister responsible for cycling policy, Norman Baker, has recently established a cycling stakeholder forum which will, among other things, be looking into how best to tackle the issue of real and perceived danger of cycling.

Anyone know anything ? Who are the stakeholders ? What are they looking into ? Is this likely to change anything ?

I am too cynical to think it will offer change, like a white paper the government can choose to ignore the output.

martint235

Dog on a bike
http://www.theyworkf...80830.h&m=40308

Anyone know anything ? Who are the stakeholders ? What are they looking into ? Is this likely to change anything ?

I am too cynical to think it will offer change, like a white paper the government can choose to ignore the output.

Off topic slightly but why would the Government ignore a white paper? The Govt are responsible for producing them. In times gone past (as things have changed now) it used to be: Green Paper (here's a great idea, let's put it out for consultation and see what people think); White Paper (here's a great idea, let's circulate this amongst our friends and make it better/pretend to have consulted the backbenches); a Bill (let's make this law).

You don't see too many Green Papers now as Govts tend to consult less. Any consultation to do with a White Paper should be taken with a lot of salt, usually the questions asked are very precise so there isn't room for comment on the Paper as a whole. A White Paper is nowadays produced when there is a major Bill coming such as the Health and Social Care Bill. The White Paper is published a year or so in advance so that later the Govt can say "Hey don't act all surprised, we told you this was coming"

Anyways now that is out of the way, no idea who the stakeholders may be probably CTC et al though.

Top Bottom