cyclist down in Bedfont

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Just passed through bedfont and a cyclist was laying in the road but attended to by police and ambulance and it seemed a few cyclists. I dont know the state of the cyclist but the blanket was on, same as the gas mask.

Front end of bike buckled up but no idea whats happened but I hope all is well and wish the cyclist speedy recovery.

Not something ive seen before or wish on anyone.

suecsi

Just found out this was at the top of my road (I live off the Staines Road in Bedfont). Hope the guy is ok, it isn't like the car couldn't see him - ashamed to say it is a car from down my road unfortunately. Sounds like a SMIDBL - as my husband could see the hi-viz on the poor cyclist from our kitchen window.

suecsi

Apparently the driver was too busy on his mobile to look where he was going or notice a hi-vis cyclist (of which there are a large number along this stretch of fast residential A road).

OP
OP
Davywalnuts

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Just near where I used to live too...

But yes, I really hope all is well and he is back cycling soon.

The mobile being glued to drivers faces is just way to common an occurance, way too much.

Licenses need to be lost in these cases.

suecsi

Apparently after he had been attended to by the ambulance (and the police were called) he did cycle off, not before giving the car driver a serious telling off though! The car driver lives down my road so I'll be keeping an eye out for him myself, given his inability to look where he's going ....

Top Bottom