Cyclist down in Doncaster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not sure what condition the rider was in - an ambulance crew were in attendance and were in the process of fitting a neck brace. The rider (male, I'd guess late teens early 20's) was moving. Was riding a matt black MTB.

Never had to write on of these before - I hope it's nobody anyone on here knows!

nightoff

That is a real nasty roundabout.

The main problem is people drifting lanes without looking. It is usually very busy in the mornings and can be tricky to negotiate by car never mind on bike.

I sometimes need to negotiate this junction but prefer to use the cyclepath which goes around and under the main roads. It takes a little longer but is much safer.

I hope the cyclist makes a speedy recovery.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
It's not a roundabout I ever have to use on my cycling commute (Scawthorpe to Rossington, so I zip straight through Donny ped zone/Frenchgate) but on occasion, on the motorbike, I use this roundabout. The amount of red light jumpers is absurd! Also you get numpties turning right in the left/straight on lane because it's usually empty. I've 'blocked' loads of people as I filter to the front at these lights. I've even been beeped by people who realise they can't get across as I set off quicker than them. Very dangerous roundabout. A police presence would be ideal, but as usual it doesn't happen as there's no money to be made from preventing accidents.

Top Bottom