cyclist down on A56 between m65 and winfields

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
was going up the A56 from the m65 towards winfields 8.45ish. at the parking layby halfway down on the down bit, there was an ambulance. the cops closed the road and there was a road bike which looked bent outside the ambulance. anybody know what happened? was it a cyclist? hope not.

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed

Norm

I take it that this is the same one that Night Train saw. I don't know the area well but I hope it's not two on the same road in one day.

Sickening close to the news report:
One lane was closed but has now reopened and traffic is easing
I'm not sure that is too comforting. xx(

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I hope the cyclist is ok - sounds serious.

Though the comments re cyclists being banned on that road just shows the odd mentality. Plus the mention of four cyclist deaths on there? Doesn't the logic of high speeds come to mind not the fact that cyclists should not cycle on that road...

Hope he recovers.

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
i have cycled up that road a few times and down. it is quite scary, which is a shame because it is like a challenge with being steep and long. poor bugger he is lucky to be alive. but instead of people criticizing cyclists being on that road perhaps they could organize a critical mass to publicize the rights of cyclists on all roads. i think regular cyclists who use that road would appreciate it. it is dual carriage way after all and plenty wide enough for all types of transport.

Cubist

Still wavin'
bromptonfb said:
read the stupid comments section
Aye! You just gotta lurv that burner, he sounds so wise......

Crankarm

Guru
bromptonfb said:
i have cycled up that road a few times and down. it is quite scary, which is a shame because it is like a challenge with being steep and long. poor bugger he is lucky to be alive. but instead of people criticizing cyclists being on that road perhaps they could organize a critical mass to publicize the rights of cyclists on all roads. i think regular cyclists who use that road would appreciate it. it is dual carriage way after all and plenty wide enough for all types of transport.

There's no political will. The authorities and polliticians are happy for the slaughter to continue.

Hope the cyclist pulls through.

Top Bottom