Cyclist to sue his attacker?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
It's a shame someone has been so let down by the system that they feel the need to go for a civil prosecution.

the snail

Guru
I suppose it's an option if he can persue the case himself, but there's the risk of being saddled with costs if he loses. On the plus side, he only has to prove his case on the balance of probabilities rather than beyond all reasonable doubt. Good luck to him though.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I suspect (from having spoken to people who've been inteviewed by the Police, you meet all sorts in my job) that the driver may well be thinking he's gotten away scot-free. :huh:

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
If he has accepted a caution he must have accepted his guilt so a civil case should be not that difficult.

The trouble with leaving it to the police leaves you open to being sh*fted. A couple of years ago GF's eldest had his car vandalised by some guy who snapped off his wing mirror. A plain clothes officer saw him do it and arrested him. He went to court and was fined but GF's son didn't get a penny. He now had a car with snapped wing mirror that had to be replaced for MOT or he would have been off the road and not able to get to work.

I hope he stuffs him good and propper.

Top Bottom