Cyclists are just nice people.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Silverfox885

I had a great ride out this morning and met some great other cyclists. About 10 miles into my 45 miler I was head down slogging up a long hill when I heard some others coming up behind me. I pulled over and was overtaken by a friendly bunch of about 15 local club members who were more than happy to let me tag along and slip stream them for five miles or so until their pace up the hills got the better of me. It was educating to see the signals they gave each other for pot holes and parked cars and how they cleared the junctions for the tail enders. Thanks guys, it was fun tagging along for a while.
Later on, after about forty miles, when I was getting pretty weary and the legs were starting to flag; another cyclist pulled along side me, said hi and asked how I was doing. Told him I was getting fairly knackered but only had another five miles to go so he said he'd ride along with me and keep the pace going. We stepped up the pace and flew along for the last five miles. It really helped to have a distraction and someone to chat to. Thanks mate.
I managed to cover the forty five miles at a 15mph average and climbed 2,500 feet, and when I got home and checked my Garmin I had notched up 1,100 miles since I took up cycling four months ago.

Ern1e

Über Member
Well done @Silverfox885 1,100 miles in 4 months ! and yes it sure is an help when you have a co-rider along, the miles just don't seem to be as much of a bother lol.Also I find that most other cyclist's are very friendly and on the odd occasion where I have had bike problems I have had loads of help getting me going again.So I shall add my thanks to all the nameless people on bikes !!!

Top Bottom