"Cyclists use cameras to capture dangerous drivers"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JoysOfSight

Not very local to most, but you may find this interesting, from the Scotsman / Edinburgh Evening News:

headcam.jpg

"Cyclists use cameras to capture dangerous drivers"

Goes along with http://mccraw.co.uk/video-protection-on-the-roads/

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Same crap in the comments. *sigh*

simon.r

Person

Oh, I don't know, in amongst the usual road tax and yobs in lycra stuff, this comment made me smile:

'It's a scientific fact that men buy powerful cars to compensate for having teeny tiny p3nises. Extrapolating from that science, we can therefore assume that male cyclists have gigantic p3nises. And all this cycling-hatred is just p3nis envy.'

snorri

Legendary Member
Actually, I think the Edinburgh Evening News readers, or at least the ones who respond on the internet to cycling stories in the paper are losing their touch, they used to be far and away the most vociferous, vitriolic, rude, foul mouthed, ignorant and stupid in their anti- cycling vendetta than any other "comment posters" in Scotland, they've mellowed.

but you're right though, same old crap:biggrin:

I bought a £40 cameras from amazon, and use it on my commute, but I am unsure what to do with the footage, I have a fair collection of clips of idiot drivers, but on reading that article it would appear pointless to take it to the police, anyone had any success?

I bought a £40 cameras from amazon, and use it on my commute, but I am unsure what to do with the footage, I have a fair collection of clips of idiot drivers, but on reading that article it would appear pointless to take it to the police, anyone had any success?

It depends on the Police.

I have now had four successful complaints after walking in stating what I wanted, why I wanted it and providing he evidence

The other thing is ending the video to a company where he van is liveried

However I have a patented dirty trick!

Email first about he incident and ask for a reply. The driver will then lie about the incident and the manager support them

NOW send in the video asking why their version is so blatantly at odds with the evidence of what actually happened

Not only will the driver be censured for the driving, but he managers will be annoyed at being lied to and made to look a fool

y2blade

I use my GoPro every day (in the car, on the Motorbike, Cycle and on even on Horseback).
I only keep the footage that is "interesting" but it is nice to know it is recording should anything bad happen.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I rate Edinburgh as the most unpleasant city in the UK to cycle through (although if Inverness counts as a city it would run it close). It's a major reason for not repeating LonJog in 2014.

Top Bottom