Cyclo Cross TV programme

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

normgow

Guru
Tonight (2nd Jan. 2012) at 20:40 CET there is a programme on Belgian TV about Cyclo-Cross.

It can be seen on www.sports-livez.com/channel/ch-3.php

They also show all the big cross races in Belgium plus all World Cup events.

On Sunday 8th January you can watch the Belgian Nat. Championships which in many ways is better than the World Champs.

Sometimes ch-6 gives better reception than ch-3

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I'll have a look at that later, ta.

OP
OP
N

normgow

Guru
I'm still plugging www.sports-livez.com for good live cross coverage. All World Cup races plus Superprestige Series and what was the GVA series but now has a new sponsor so change of title.
This afternoon's race was from Leuven, winner Niels Albert.

OP
OP
N

normgow

Guru
Is there any way of watching the races at any other time than the published times?
There may well be but I don't know how. Perhaps there is a computer boffin somewhere reading this who can give us some help?

The Couch

Über Member
I can highly recommend the "Flandriens van het veld", if you like cycloscross (or even cycling in general), this is almost a must-see. (OK, it's focused on Belgian riders, but still the videos and interviews are great). Expecially the first episode with Erik De Vlaeminck and Albert Van Damme is great to see the "ancient" videos and how they had to ride in those days, another very good one is the one with Mario De Clerck, he is an absolute bastard that would try every possible (mental or physical) trick to win, great stuff... ^_^

Indeed the www.sporza.be website is the place to be, to see races being streamed, however don't know if you won't get a "you're not in the right country to see this" message.

The Belgian Championship should indeed be a good watch, but it's a "sandy" track (where riders won't/can't stay on the bike in the full piece of sand, so should be a lot of running and it's a fast track for the rest), so if Albert is anywhere near the form of last years World Championship it could be boring, since this type of track is made for him. But then again with the form Pauwels (and to a slightly lesser extent Van Tornout) have shown lately, I don't expect someone absolutely dominating it. I hope that Nys is recovered from his flu, so that he has a fair chance to defend his jersey (although mud and/or snow is more his cup of tea). Rob Peeters is someone who always performs well at Championships and the track is practically his backyard (he even has 5 uncles working there), so he should be in the mix as well.

Any of you guys (that perhaps live in the States?) actually know what the WC track will be like? I have heard it's very fast, but there is big chance that there is horrible weather (rain, snow, hail...?) , which should make it at least somewhat muddy and more technical.

Top Bottom