Cycoogle it! Anybody been to Bruges??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

and if so, what's the easiest way to get there?

Don't fancy spending half the day travelling there and half a day back!

Just thought I'd ask as this place is better than google for stuff like this.

I'm in Glasgow for the record so I'd imagine going from London might be easiest!

Bodhbh

Guru
Belguim is like the size of East Anglia, nowhere is very far. iirc it's about 45mins on the train from Brussels. You can Eurostar it there I guess, or Ryanair might still do flights from Stanstead to Charleroi, about 30mins South of Brussels. Eurostar to Lille and take a train from there might be good too.

OP
OP
G

Greedo

Was in Brussels for New Year and went with Ryanair to Charleroi from Prestwick. Never again. Was delayed for 11 hours on the way back with no explanation and that's the 2nd time I've used them and been delayed. First time 5 hours from London.

Shocking airline!!! Will gladly pay more than use them ever again!

Bodhbh said:
Belguim is like the size of East Anglia, nowhere is very far. iirc it's about 45mins on the train from Brussels. You can Eurostar it there I guess, or Ryanair might still do flights from Stanstead to Charleroi, about 30mins South of Brussels. Eurostar to Lille and take a train from there might be good too.

Bodhbh said:

Don't know if it's still the same; but, last time a caught the Eurostar to Brussels, approximately 2 years ago, the Eurostar ticket covered you for travel anywhere in Belgium. I was going on to Spa and there was no need to buy any extra tickets.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Greedo said:
and if so, what's the easiest way to get there?

Don't fancy spending half the day travelling there and half a day back!

Just thought I'd ask as this place is better than google for stuff like this.

I'm in Glasgow for the record so I'd imagine going from London might be easiest!

Unless you've invited a matter transference unit how do you expect to spend less than half a day getting somewhere 1000-odd miles away?

From London it's easy, as so many others have pointed out - just take the Eurostar to Brussels and connect. From Glasgow even I would be tempted to fly, if I could get a direct flight to a sensible Belgian airport, or if Amsterdam - Bruges is easy. Otherwise it's a train to London and onwards as above.

terry huckle

Great place. Agreed, by Eurostar and then by train from Brussels....could be tricky as destinations didn`t seem to show Bruges/Brugge when I went, got the train to Knokkeblankenberge or similar.

lifting-bridge.jpg

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
ArDee said:
Don't know if it's still the same; but, last time a caught the Eurostar to Brussels, approximately 2 years ago, the Eurostar ticket covered you for travel anywhere in Belgium. I was going on to Spa and there was no need to buy any extra tickets.

It's still the same. Buy a ticket from London to Brussels and the local service to Bruges is free.

Top Bottom