Daftest thing you have done

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Don't ask me why but i have just rememberd two things that i did that were rather stupid .

Just after i retired we got the builders in and we provided the skip.Well we had it for seven weeks it being emptied a couple of times .And i always went out in the car giving it a wide berth .

Till the very last day for some reason i decided to reverse around it and guess what i hit it .

£50 for a new rear light .

Second one was turning my scooter around in a tight circle when i managed to put extra pressure on the throttle up went the bike i got thrown off and fell on the bike and broke two ribs .

Globalti

Legendary Member
Go onto DIYnot.com and have a read of some of the posts on DIY disasters.

MichaelM

Guru
Quite a few things, but one that particularly scomes to mind....

3 of us went to paddle the Tilt, we didn't realize at that time but it was in spate. We approached a small horizon line and decided to run it..... all 3 of us ended up in the water getting recirculated in a stopper. After what seemed like a few minutes of going around on "fast spin", I kicked out with my legs and was now in the main flow of the river, but couldn't get to the side.

I knew that if I went under the bridge and into the gorge where the main rapids started then I'd "really" be in trouble - and I could see the bridge not too far away. I was absolutely exhausted and remember saying to myself "you stupid c%&*, why didn't ou get out and check the drop?"

I'd stopped fighting, wasn't afraid, and was so tired all I wanted to do was go to sleep. Luckily there was a big eddy and I gave it one last go.....

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
MichaelM said:
Quite a few things, but one that particularly scomes to mind....

3 of us went to paddle the Tilt, we didn't realize at that time but it was in spate. We approached a small horizon line and decided to run it..... all 3 of us ended up in the water getting recirculated in a stopper. After what seemed like a few minutes of going around on "fast spin", I kicked out with my legs and was now in the main flow of the river, but couldn't get to the side.

I knew that if I went under the bridge and into the gorge where the main rapids started then I'd "really" be in trouble - and I could see the bridge not too far away. I was absolutely exhausted and remember saying to myself "you stupid c%&*, why didn't ou get out and check the drop?"

I'd stopped fighting, wasn't afraid, and was so tired all I wanted to do was go to sleep. Luckily there was a big eddy and I gave it one last go.....

My CC name comes from how i spent most of my kayaking career, i've given it up now.......

Top Bottom