Dangerous A556 Dual carriageway

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ZIZAG

Veteran
Please take note .
I was cycling from the Delamere area last Saturday 20th November.
blush.gif
Heading In a northerly direction . With heavely loaded panniers . After the A54 Dual carriagway ,Around the Broken cross roundabout ( A530).
I joined the A556 ( Old Chester road ).
It went Into roadworks .
ohmy.gif

One lane of Cones which went In and out changing lanes .
"Well I only realized what I got myself Into ".
When I could not get off the dam thing .
As you all know there are long hilly Inclines on this stretch of road .
I could feel the Artic's and heavy goods downdraught going past me .
With the heavy 15-20Kgs load . I was becoming to get unstable and wobble . I was also running out of energy /strenght fast . Also I started to get warning bells ,that I was In danger .
My ESP , told me to get the Flipping hell out of there quick . "Or get killed " . Just then I was Tooted ,Horn blared very loudly by White van man :wub: . (" Later on reflection the van man probably saved my life " ) I came through the cones Into the roadworks ,double quick . And pushed the bike onto the pedestrian pathway . (Close Call :wacko: ). Eventually I got over all the hilly bits And managed to get back on the roundabout at the A559 Northwich turnoff . Eventually I cycled onto the turned off at the Smoker Inn for Plumley moor road .:tongue: Back onto the Cheshire cycleways . To peace and quite and a relaxing ride to the Wilmslow area .
So take note .
This road Is a very dangerous road at the best of times . But the Roadworks layout has made It a very Dangerous and hazardous for Cyclists .
Cheers All .
:hello:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Know the road well, and was down that area recently (in the car) and it's not good.

Top Bottom