Danguillaume

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grumpyoldgit

Über Member
Very sadly,an old friend died,& I have taken possession of his old road bike.This probably sat in his garage for 30 years,& ,I assume,was purchased in France,or Belgium,where he worked back then.
It is marked Jean Pierre Danguillaume,& has the number 02511,on a tranfer,on the headstock.All I have done is wash,& lube the bike,it is in amazing condition.
Simplex gears.
Stronglight chainset
Weinmann brakes
Mavic rims

Any information about these?
123.jpg
126.jpg
126.jpg
130.jpg
127.jpg

Love that chainset! Was very tempted by one on eBay a while back. Have you any idea what the frame might be made of?

Dave Burwood

Only just seen this - probably too late now but for what it's worth I knew J-P D back in the 60/70's when I was based in Brittany. He also rode the Scottish Milk race in 1967 as part of the French Team when I was in the London Team. He rode the Team Time Trial as part of the French Olympic Team the following year and then turned pro for Peugeot and rode for them until the end of the 70's. I had some of his kit in my collection. At the last count he was still alive and around 75 years old. He started a cycle business when he retired and like many turned to Mercier to have steel frames produced. The one in the thread looks to be in exceptional condition but of course is still only a standard production item.

Top Bottom