Dark mornings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My dad always said dont wear dark clothing and all that at night but of course reflective clothing is very useful...Any pics of those lights you have?

There are a lot of idiots out there who I wouldn't trust to cross the road let alone be in charge of a car although tonights ride back from work was ok.

Lots of mikeys mates around though :biggrin:

BentMikey said:
Yes, the flou part of the hiviz doesn't work at night, only the reflective bits. 3M diamond grade tape is pretty amazing, btw!!!

I've been meaning to get some of this tape. Anyone know the best place to get some at a reasonable price?

BentMikey said:
I got mine off ebay, bit pricey as the guy resells 1m lengths. If you only want a bit I can post you some red?

Thanks for the offer! However, I'm not sure how much I need yet, and where I want it. Probably need a reasonable amount.

Thinking about it I probably want some small bits for the back of my shoes, some for my bag, some for my frame, some for my helmet....

So what colour is best? I would have thought the white would be the most visible but should I go for red on the rear facing surfaces? I don't want to confuse the drivers any more than they already are.... poor dears....:biggrin:

GrahamG

Guru
No hi-viz for me either, but I have several large strips on my bag and lots of bands of respro retro-reflective tape on the back of my mudguards and around the tubing on my frame. That way I'm pretty visible regardless of what colour I choose to wear.

GrahamG said:
No hi-viz for me either, but I have several large strips on my bag and lots of bands of respro retro-reflective tape on the back of my mudguards and around the tubing on my frame. That way I'm pretty visible regardless of what colour I choose to wear.

Ah yes. Some tape on the mudguards would be a good idea too. All of this tape will probably reduce the bikes nickability as well, although the partly broken black mudguard on the front, silver mudguard on the back combination probably achieves this already :biggrin:

Maz

Guru
I bought a Hi-Viz P-O-L-I-T-E vest off padbeat (is he still around?)
It works wonders...

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Not sure about using these regularly on the same route.

Day 1 has novelty value.
Day 10 may have some drivers seeing how close they can get!

Maz

Guru
gambatte said:
Not sure about using these regularly on the same route.

Day 1 has novelty value.
Day 10 may have some drivers seeing how close they can get!
True. It works in moderation. Do you have one?

Top Bottom