Dartmoor classic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jerry Atrik

Veteran
Hi guys ! Im very new to cycling and have just started doing a 15 mile commute 4 days a week . Ive entered the Dartmoor classic as its a local event for me and on my to do list , but now im scared ! I tried to cycle up to Mannaton from Bovey Tracy which is about 5 miles and pushed myself as far as i could and was almost physically sick . I mounted and dismounted 3 or 4 times but eventually got there and had the best fun in years coming back down with the compulsary yeeha but my question is , with 3 and a half months to go have i bitten of more than i can chew ?

Tynan

Veteran
1 in 4?

OP
OP
Jerry Atrik

Jerry Atrik

Veteran
Cheers User76 ! Me thinks this is going to be a very painful experience but I'm going to have another crack at it tomorrow ... Mannaton that is , dare'nt even think about the rest of it . Scary place .

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Jerry Atrik said:
Cheers User76 ! Me thinks this is going to be a very painful experience but I'm going to have another crack at it tomorrow ... Mannaton that is , dare'nt even think about the rest of it . Scary place .
At least it's on your doorstep so you can get loads of training in. You'll be loads fitter in three months so if you take it steady am sure you'll get round.

Top Bottom