Dartmoor Devil

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cheesed off that I has to miss this one as I was working. However someone came towards me as I was cycling to work this morning about 7:10am, It was as I was cycling up Haldon, he was coming down on a road bike, mudguards and lights. Could have been on his way to the start line. Can't think why anyone else would be up there in the rain on a sunday as far as I know I am the only one who commutes up there so I never see anyone. Was that you? If so Big Respect. Had to be an extra 35miles from exeter round trip to get to the start line on a miserable morning. Plus an extra 1500+ ft of climbing on top of the Devil ride.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Cheesed off that I has to miss this one as I was working. However someone came towards me as I was cycling to work this morning about 7:10am, It was as I was cycling up Haldon, he was coming down on a road bike, mudguards and lights. Could have been on his way to the start line. Can't think why anyone else would be up there in the rain on a sunday as far as I know I am the only one who commutes up there so I never see anyone. Was that you? If so Big Respect. Had to be an extra 35miles from exeter round trip to get to the start line on a miserable morning. Plus an extra 1500+ ft of climbing on top of the Devil ride.

At least one person rode from Exeter, and he was on fixed. No, not me, I live further away and have only once, in the dim and distant past, ridden there and back (45 miles each way) - and I've never ridden this one on fixed.

About twenty out of 200 ish failed to finish. The weather wasn't too grim, but the rain did get heavier through the day. The rivers were in torrents and the roads flooded in places. One participant required the services of the Air Ambulance after apparently hitting a tree.

I spent three hours in the pub at the finish chatting to old friends and new acquaintances.

That's eighteen done and my third '6' trophy - 666. Do I go for another set of three?

Top Bottom