Dawes bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Dawes seem to have spruced up their range quite a bit this year. No more Dawes Audax bikes :sad: but three Sportif bikes :smile:. The Horizon is made of steel again :ohmy: and there are five Galaxies including a titanium :thumbsup: They've even got a cyclo-cross and a single speed :smile: What's the world coming to? They seem somewhat more expensive though :blush:

www.dawescycles.com

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
The Ti Galaxy is really expensive.

Chris James

Über Member
The Audax has been on the way out for a while really. I think they put double chainsets on it in 2007, which seeemd a strange choice for an audax bike.

My 2006 audax has 'Cyclosportive' wriiten on the top tube, and the popularity of these events has boomed - especially amongst recent cycling converts. Maybe Dawes decided that was where the money is, rather than CTC types who keep their bikes for 20 years?

Calling them 'sportif' just seems to formalise the transition.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Sportifs do seem more popular these days, even though they're more expensive to enter. I suppose you're looked after a bit better with the signs and the food and drink stops. You don't see too many bikes with mudguards on, or steel frames. These Dawes bikes do seem more audax oriented. I quite liked the look of the 2008 Dawes Audax.

Top Bottom