Dawes Diploma City / Town Bike for sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dirtybackbeat

photos: http://s1337.photobucket.com/user/Grant_Decker/library/

Hi there, with great regret I'm selling my trusty town bike. This is a Dawes Diploma 22" frame. I bought it 3 years ago brand new (£359) for my commute to work. Its a beautiful ride; very comfy, sturdy and relatively quick. i named it "The Sofa" because its like riding down the road on one!!
3 speed sturney archer gears, tektro v brakes.
I've cared for it well. brakes and gears work spot on. i've kept it well serviced.
I had a new rear wheel hand built about a year ago. incredibly strong double walled rim.
It has Schwalbe Marathon Plus Tyres that are have only done 50miles. these tyres should last a lifetime(ish!) and are the best for puncture proofing
It also has a Brooks flyer saddle. Incredibly comfy and regarded as the best bike seats (currently fetching £60 alone on ebay)
size wise I'm 6"4' and its got a bit more upwards adjustment. there is a huge amount of adjustment in the stem and seat though so i'd say it would fit anyone between 5"10' to 6"5'
the bike has been left in the garden (under a bike cover) It has slight rust on rear mudguard, chain protector and to the chrome on the handlebars however i have a spare set in better condition that i will give with the bike. The handle bar grips are torn at the ends they still work and look great though. One of the connector for the rear mudguard has broken so its currently held securely by zip ties. Ive always had zip ties on from new as it secured the mudguard much more firmly. The main frame itself has some chips on it where i have locked it up, they can only be noticed close up. I've tried my best to cover all these in photos but i'm willing to email more if needed.
I'm just trying to be honest about the condition, its certainty not new but its in great working order, shines up well and wouldnt need anything doing to it.
This really is a lovely bike and i'll be very sad to see it go. I'm just not using it as i have so many other bikes!
I'm looking for offers around the £100 mark. I live in Leicester city centre. I'm also going to list it elsewhere.

OP
OP
D

dirtybackbeat

I've put this up on ebay now, starting at £60 which I think is a bargain.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=330896478875

Top Bottom