Dawes Galaxy 27-speed tourer 19" £550 virtually brand new

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just like when I sold my red Dawes Galaxy a few weeks ago, I am currently needing to downsize my ‘fleet’ of bikes. This is due to my more recent work situation, spending a couple of months from time to time in Australia (as a Chiropodist/Podiatrist).
Anyway, this is one of my other tourers I’m selling. Virtually new, it’s kind of been a project, and so it’s had numerous upgrades.
Shimano Deore XT front and rear mechs, Dura Ace downtube shifters, Shimano RSX 30/42/52 chainset, Deore hubs, Alex DH22 rims, front brake Shimano STX, rear brake Suntour self-enegising, Scwalbe CX Comp puncture resistance tyres. And there’s mudguards and racks although these aren’t shown in the photos.
£550. The red Galaxy went for £550 but it didn’t have the upgraded spec of this bike.
Cardiff (029) 2111 3166 or 07948 164188.
My Post Code is CF64 3EE in case you wanted to check in Google.
Cheerio. Mark.
Galax-1.jpg
Galax-2.jpg Galax-3.jpg
Galax-4.jpg Galax-5.jpg
Galax-6.jpg

OP
OP
Titanium

Titanium

Guru
PS If you have a good memory and are thinking "Wait a moment, he wasn't asking £550 for the other (red) Galaxy..." You're right, but I had it advertised elsewhere asking for offers, and ended up selling it for £550, which was great.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Ah yes, Titanium. Could you explain why you did not let me know that you'd decided not to buy my bike. I waited an hour at Reading Central. You didn't reply to my e-mail and when I tried to phone there was no dial tone. Now I read you're trying to downsize your fleet.

OP
OP
Titanium

Titanium

Guru
Hi to Yellow Fang, and to anyone reading this. Yellow Fang and I are meeting at Reading station tomorrow, 20th, to pick up the bike.
I am down-sizing my fleet yes, although am also help a friend in Penarth to do his bike up and he'll probably now be using the frame from Yellow Fang.
This is my fault being sloppy for not emailing to confirm the 20th after chatting over the phone, where I mentioned the date but also mentioned Tuesday and that must have stuck in mind as the following Tuesday.
Then I was working away and had minimal Internet, emails etc. But I should be more thorough when making arrangements.
Tune in for the next thrilling installment, of Me Being Slack.

ASC1951

Guru
Titanium said:
But I should be more thorough when making arrangements.
Many years ago - even before the days of 1.5kg mobile phones - I was doing a 15 mile winter traverse of this range http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Lawers as an exchange trip. The critical feature was meeting the rest of the party half way along and swapping car keys, so that we each descended to a driveable car.

We met ok. Unfortunately I had left my keys at the start hidden over the road from the car somewhere where only I would be able to find them. IIRC the F word was freely used. :smile:

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Yes, there was a bit of a communications breakdown somewhere, which was partly my fault for not remembering the correct Tuesday.

Top Bottom