Dawes Galaxy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Richard Broomhead

Dawes Galaxy 21"

Previously billed as 51cm & purchased with every good intention for 'she who must be obeyed' but proved to be too large - lesson learned...

Spec/measurements:
Seat Tube (ctre to top of seat clamp) 53.5cm
Top Tube (ctre-ctre) 55cm
Standover height 77cm (Top tube has a slight slope, this measurement is taken around the midway point between seat tube and head tube)

Reynolds 631 Frame, 9 Speed Shimano Deore with bar-end shifters, Rigida Nova Rims (minimal wear), rear rack, fitted with brand new 28mm Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres and tubes in place of the 23mm Gatorskins it was wearing when I bought it. There is a little cable rub to each side of the head tube, and on of the brake levers is missing the plastic trim/spacer between the lever and the hood, and there is a little chipping to the paint at the very ends of the drop-outs, but that aside it is in lovely condition.

Pics can be downloaded here: (copy and paste link into your browser) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/255387614/Dawes Galaxy 54cm.zip Several biggish, but zipped files - shouldn't take more than about 40 seconds to download.

Could do with recouping original purchase price and new tyres/tubes or thereabouts, so £450. (Happy to sell for £400 with gatorskins re-fitted)

Bike is in Blackburn, but I work in Bolton & Manchester and have relatives near Matlock in Derbyshire and my wife travels up the M6 as far as J36 four days/week so collection/delivery in these areas would be fairly simple. I've never boxed-up and couriered a bike before, but wouldn't rule it out, but cash on collection/delivery would be preferable as it allows the chance to see/try out the bike.

If you'd like more photos/measurements please DM or email (surname[dot]forename][at]yahoo[dot]co[dot]uk) or text/phone.
Also advertised on CTC website and may resort to eBay if needs must.
Thanks,

Richard Broomhead
0797six 829 4four7

Top Bottom