Dawes Horizon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dragon72

Guru
I use mine for long tours, short tours, commuting, shopping, going out, everything. After 15,000 miles it's still great. Sure it's not top-of-the-range, but it's fantastic value for money.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
I'd second dragon's comments - mine gets used for the same kind of activities and has done about the same kind of mileage! Am not sure what the new aluminium ones are like (mine is steel), but think they are great value all rounders. A few people on here have new ones and seem to really like them.

Bokonon

Über Member
And I'll third dragon's comments. I have a 2005(?) aluminium framed Horizon which is overly stiff but the current model is now made with Reynolds 520 which I expect would give a better ride, and the quoted weight is about half a kilo lighter. The original gel saddle was just horrible; in conjunction with the stiff ride it would become really uncomfortable on longer rides (100km+) - changing to a harder saddle has transformed the bike.

skmc1955

ive just bought a 2007 aluminium (£350..brand new!) and I love it! In fact its made me feel so much like a proper cyclist I even joined this board!!

Top Bottom