De Fietsfabriek 995 bakfiets (cargo bike)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DrMekon

Über Member
Apologies to those who've read this before - I've also advertised it on YACF and VeloVision.

A house move means we no longer need 2 bakfietsen. We've decided to sell our De Fietsfabriek 995. It's the equivalent to the more common bakfiets.nl cargobike short. It seats 2 kids on the front, and has space for another seat on the back. It is in near mint condition. It's done less than 1000 miles, and other than a small mark on the box as the result of a poor piece of loading, it's indistinguishable from new. We bought it in April last year.

It's got a galvanized powdercoated frame, The box takes 80kg, as does the rack. Max load is 200kg including rider. it's got SRAM P5 gears (5-speed), adjustable steering (currently setup like the bakfiets.nl, but can be adjusted to steer more slowly), a frame lock, and is running on big apples. It weighs a lot, but once you are moving, it glides along beautifully. It's a very sedate experience. It would be awful as a commercial courier bike, but is wonderful for kids. It's built for Dutch conditions, so it should shrug off being stored outside, but 's been stored in our garage. It's 230cm long.

There's no current UK distributor, and the Dutch price is 1500 euros. We'll let it go for £850 ono including the optional raincover. My suspicion is that there are only two of these bikes in the country, the other being Velocidad's (from Velovision board) earlier 995. Ours has the later fixed bench, fuller chainguard, and strengthened stand. I don't have the means to transport it, so pickup is from Cambridge, I am happy to answer any related questions, even if it's just out of interest. If people want to contact me, email me at ik261@@cam.ac.uk (remove one of the @)

Manufacturers site - http//www.defietsfabriek.nl

My comparison between it and the now more expensive Cabby (£1300) and bakfiets.nl (>£1500) - http://measured-response.com/bakfiets/?p=29

Tharg2007

Veteran
i would love one of these, a bit out of my price range though :smile: . Will get one one day im sure

OP
OP
D

DrMekon

Über Member
They are great fun. We used to have a trailer, then a weeride. These are just more fun, albeit within the constraint that you are riding a big old dutch bike. Great for moving portly friends around too.

2942448688_7083dd81da.jpg

OP
OP
D

DrMekon

Über Member
Quite possibly. My mate passed me his phone to take the picture. It would be entirely his "style" to have no idea how to get it off the phone, so photograph his phone.

Here's my effort, with my sis and my son in the front of the 995.

2763698652_cb50e432e2.jpg

They actually handle better loaded up. A big adult or a few kids really settles the steering nicely. With nothing in the front, the steering does feel a bit light in greasy conditions.

OP
OP
D

DrMekon

Über Member
Yeah, it's the brown one that is for sale. The yellow one is the cargobike long that we're still keeping.

OP
OP
D

DrMekon

Über Member
Still available

Top Bottom