Dear Mr 4x4...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
BentMikey said:
I still can't get the exciting image of Arch giving the bulbous 4x4 a sound thrashing with her riding crop. xx(:blush:

Can't get, or can't get rid of?:biggrin:

Later I made a few swishes with it and my friend commented on the noise. I explained that "often you don't need to make contact, just the noise gets them going, or even just taking your hand off the rein to use the crop". There was a moment's silence, then he said "Oh, you mean horses, I thought you were talking about pedestrians..."

Another friend said that with my Polite Jacket and a whip sticking out of my pannier, I looked like a stripogram on the way to a job...
:biggrin:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
Whats wrong with luxuary apartments?!?! (Not that I live in one, mind)

Well, nothing really, it's just that you never see a plain old flat advertised any more, just luxury apartments. And developments are always 'luxury apartments', as if, if they didn't call them that, they'd have to say "For Sale: Pokey damp flats...."

Carwash

Señor Member
Arch said:
Later I made a few swishes with it and my friend commented on the noise. I explained that "often you don't need to make contact, just the noise gets them going, or even just taking your hand off the rein to use the crop". There was a moment's silence, then he said "Oh, you mean horses, I thought you were talking about pedestrians..."

Another friend said that with my Polite Jacket and a whip sticking out of my pannier, I looked like a stripogram on the way to a job...
:biggrin:

'Twas actually the same friend. xx(

And B and I forgot to tell you - on the way to meet you that day we were driven off the shared path (by the bridge) by two ladies who didn't seem to understand the idea of riding on the left. (The one in front in fact vaccilated for some time with regard to which side she was going to ride, only made things worse.) As with 4x4-man, it was of course all our fault...

Nice forum you've got here. I might stay. :biggrin:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Hello!!! It's you!!!!

Don't go giving away my secrets, I want people here to think I've got more than one friend...:biggrin:

Yeah, vacillation can be fun, if nerve wracking. See who cracks first!

Do hang around!xx(

LLB

My OH remonstrated with my kid (who is learning to drive last night)

She was driving the Corsa through the racecourse grounds last night, and pulled from the car park into the path of a roadie who was coming off the hill (where the Centaur building is). She (my kid) saw him, but thought she had enough space, my OH was of the opinion she didn't and he had to stick on the brakes (apparently). Many people don't realise how quickly a roadie can go - especially off a hill.

I work with her driving instructor (he instructs part time), I've already had a word in his ear to get her out of this habit/style. I wasn't happy when I heard about it !

Top Bottom