Dearth of Cycle shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Cyclestore has always had a good range

Alex321

Veteran
My current pair came from Decathlon - I also prefer MTB style SPDs.

But TBH, I wouldn't recommend these, although they were cheap, they are showing serious signs of wear rather too quickly for my liking.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
My last pair I bought from Evans ... but that was a good few years ago. They're up for replacement soon. I don't like to buy footwear mail order, I like to try on first.

Last edited:
Vinted… you can often find people who have dabbled in clipless and didn’t like it so sell the shoes with very little wear for dirt cheap.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Always worth trying some on as they aren't all the same fit. I'm more or less 'wedded' to Shimano these days, with just one pair of Gaerne road shoes - all other shoes are Shimano. I've bought about 3 pairs via ebay - lightly used, mainly as I know the particular shoe fits. I've doubled up on some ! Two pairs of MW7's and two M089's.

Bought my first pair of M-089's from Decathlon. Settled on size 44 (normal shoe 43). Ordered next four pairs on-line !

The Gaerne's, despite being a 44 also, are a tighter fit than the Shimano shoes. Fortunately they are summer shoes worn with thin socks.

My current pair came from Decathlon - I also prefer MTB style SPDs.

But TBH, I wouldn't recommend these, although they were cheap, they are showing serious signs of wear rather too quickly for my liking.

That surprises me. I have a pretty low-end set (i just wanted actual real velcro, and a good fit) and having bought in 2022 they've been my primary commuting+audax shoe! And some CX

(admittedly I travelled to Flanders to source them, so maybe you bought an inferior UK Market version ... :P)

Top Bottom