Debt Free

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gromit

Über Member
At last. Paid off the last of my debts yesterday. It stung a bit handing over them money thinking of what I could spend it on.

Anyway at least now, all my money from now on is all mine. I'm going to plow most of it into a savings.

Its a good feeling. ;)

sheddy

Legendary Member
Congratulations !

gbb

Legendary Member
Congrats Gromit, its a nice feeling to be debt free (are we all 'really' debt free ?).
Many would say saving is'nt a good thing to do at the moment, practically zero interest rates at the moment and all that, but it does give you a couple of really nice options when there's a bit in the bank...
So you want a moderately expensive item. Normally you'd get it on the credit card, interest free loan etc etc...all potentially expensive. What i do is one of these two...
Buy it cash, then 'repay' myself and make sure the money goes back in the bank in instalments...in the same way you would to the loan agents...but no interest. I think of it as i'm my own lender. I take from the pot, but it goes back in.

Or, buy it on interest free..keep the money in the bank, and make sure the payments are made before the interest free period ends.

Either way, no interest. And if the worst happens (work wise) you always have the money you're saving in the bank to clear any outstanding 'debts'.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
You lucky lucky thing!!!

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
debt free great, another 6-7 yrs hopefully unless it goes total tits up my mortgage will be paid and I will be debt free, just in time for it to replaced by more debt :headshake:

snakehips

What's all this about luck ?
Maybe it's down to hard work and prudence !
I salute you Gromit

regards.jpg
from.jpg
snakehips.jpg

Top Bottom