DELETED

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tribansman

Veteran
Another answer: don't use drops...
*runs away*
:biggrin:

I find drops and hoods way comfier than flat bars. The bars on my and Mrs T's MTBs and a couple of other bikes I've ridden give me vibration aches/fatigue way more than my double wrapped / inner tube insulated drop bars.

Not entirely sure why, especially when you factor in the suspension, but that's how it is for me :scratch:

I find drops and hoods way comfier than flat bars. The bars on my and Mrs T's MTBs and a couple of other bikes I've ridden give me vibration aches/fatigue way more than my double wrapped / inner tube insulated drop bars.

Not entirely sure why, especially when you factor in the suspension, but that's how it is for me :scratch:
Entirely fair enough. Actually, my biggest gripe with drops is that shifters are carp compared to thumb shifters, IMHO. And however I set them, brakes were harder to use from any position compared to flat bars. As for hand fatigue, no advantage either way. I also think, though, that one of the biggest problems with flat bars is that they are often too wide. Mine are pretty narrow.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I think I used to use 100psi on some 28mm GP 4 Seasons about ten year ago, then 90psi on some 25mm Michelins about three years ago, and <70psi on the current Pirelli 28mm now after consulting a few pressure calculators; what I used to think was too soft is actually fine and it has taken some stress off my hands. Still double wrap bar tape though but mainly because the bars feel too thin otherwise.

If you need pipe insulation on your tops then there's probably something wrong with your fit/technique but hey ho everyone rides differently, I went out with my mudguards off last week and it felt like I was streaking.

You were, mud and dirty water up your back forming a badger stripe of honour

Tribansman

Veteran
Entirely fair enough. Actually, my biggest gripe with drops is that shifters are carp compared to thumb shifters, IMHO. And however I set them, brakes were harder to use from any position compared to flat bars. As for hand fatigue, no advantage either way. I also think, though, that one of the biggest problems with flat bars is that they are often too wide. Mine are pretty narrow.

Totally agree with thumb shifters and also brakes being easier to apply power and generally more effective. Cheap brakes on my MTB are way superior to the ones on my drops no matter how they're set up (have had three different LBSs adjust/re-fit them as I thought they mustn't be set up right, and it seems that they're actually just sh1te!).

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I have done it. This is what it looks like...

View attachment 640512

The doubled bar tape feels very comfy, but I am not totally satisfied with how it looks. I'll tidy it up later.

if you need any tips, this is double wrap done neatly...:okay:
1650354064521.png

I thought you'd run away??
I'm back. Or I lied.
:hyper:

Top Bottom