Deliveroo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Just wondering how deliveroo works (I don't wish to work for them, just wondering how the pricing works). So e.g a big Mac meal might be £6.49 in store, but on the deliveroo app the price is £8.29 plus a few quid delivery.

Does that mean some of the extra cost goes to the delivery rider? Or do they just get the delivery fee?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

vickster

Legendary Member
Just wondering how deliveroo works (I don't wish to work for them, just wondering how the pricing works). So e.g a big Mac meal might be £6.49 in store, but on the deliveroo app the price is £8.29 plus a few quid delivery.

Does that mean some of the extra cost goes to the delivery rider? Or do they just get the delivery fee?

I assume the extra goes into the Deliveroo accounts, from which comes rider pay, business running costs, profit. You won’t generate a fortune as a rider!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Im just reeling at the cost of nearly ten quid to eat a Big Mac meal at home. I guess there are people who can still afford it?
We have all these food delivery services now so not that far behind the ‘developed’ world :smile:. No MacDonailds but KFC and Burger King.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
The prices are set by the restaurants and takeaways. They pay up to a third of the order total to the likes of Deliveroo, Just Eat and Uber Eats, so hike up orders via the apps.

That premium you pay as a customer pays for the delivery driver (paid by Deliveroo et all) and the fee to the app.

Top Bottom