Deporvillage - anyone ordered since Brexit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ExpatTyke

Yorkshireman in Deepest Somerset
I'm after a new pair of tyres, and Deporvillage have got what I want in stock, at a very good price. I've bought from them a few times previously with no problems, but I'm a bit wary now post Brexit.

Cost is £23.13 plus £8.99 postage with GLS. Has anyone else in the UK bought from them since January 1st, and if so how did it go?

Thanks for any feedback!

vickster

Legendary Member
You may get stung for extra fees, so beware.

Joffey

Big Dosser
I tried to order a balaclava and at checkout it said it was not available in my region. That was 2 weeks ago, might try again.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Supplies from Europe are hit and miss and many of the companies aren't exporting to us. There is an issue with customs and handling fees that you may get walloped with at present.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I’ve been after a replacement belt for my old Elite rollers and most UK suppliers were out of stock. Plenty in the EU but they’re either no longer exporting to the UK or adding painful P&P with the risk of customs duties, fees and possibly VAT on top.

I suspect this’ll be the new normal. If you’ve ever ordered anything from the US, you can now expect to jump through the same hoops ordering from anywhere outside the UK.

Mantel are not taking orders from UK.
Apparently Mantel UK isn't in UK at all. Trade decriptions???
No.

OP
OP
ExpatTyke

ExpatTyke

Yorkshireman in Deepest Somerset
Thank you everyone for the feedback - I'd order from a UK supplier, but the tyres I want (Conti Ultrasport 3 27 x 1-1/4) are either unavailable or considerably more expensive, even allowing for postage. I'll hold off buying for the moment.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I tried a few EU bike shops yesterday. Either won't ship to the UK at all, min order of £135 (this means you pay VAT and admn charges on import, not them) or they can't be arsed to quote a net price so will charge EU VAT and you will probably (and legally) be liable for UK VAT on top. None of them are impressed at being asked to collect VAT for a foreign power, and why would they be?

In other words, forget it until the big ones like Bikester set up a UK warehouse.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
The quicker the UK requires the importer to pay fees and duties for goods received the quicker things can start to be ordered with confidence... once it is incorporated into their overheads they can factor it into fixed delivery costs.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
The quicker the UK requires the importer to pay fees and duties for goods received the quicker things can start to be ordered with confidence... once it is incorporated into their overheads they can factor it into fixed delivery costs.
They do, for stuff over £135. The importer is you.

vickster

Legendary Member
Thank you everyone for the feedback - I'd order from a UK supplier, but the tyres I want (Conti Ultrasport 3 27 x 1-1/4) are either unavailable or considerably more expensive, even allowing for postage. I'll hold off buying for the moment.
Any good? 27x 1 1/8
https://www.spacycles.co.uk/m14b59s121p3368/CONTINENTAL-Ultra-Sport-Rigid

or the specified size for £21.95, free postage from Swansea (albeit Ultrasport 2)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Continen...-/402338151393?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Top Bottom