Derailleurs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bennydorano

Veteran
In order of cheapest/poorest to best in what order do Shimano Derailleurs go

1. Sora - worst?
2. Tiagra
3. Dura Ace
Others??

Compag - Veloce??

PpPete

Legendary Member
Sora
Tiagra
Ultegra
Dura Ace

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sora
Tiagra
Ultegra
Dura Ace
Di2

ftfy
thumbsup.png

Campag
Mirage
Veloce
Centaur
Athena
Chorus
Record
Super Record

SRAM
Apex
Rival
Force
Red

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
I think worst - best is a bit subjective.

You wouldn't want to use Dura Ace for winter commuting as all that grit and salt would take its toll and with those components costing an arm and a leg I think I would rank them as worst.

Tiagra/105 seem to offer the best of both worlds.

2300 and Sora still work fine and will give years of trouble free riding, they're just a bit heavier and use more plastic and steel instead of alloys and carbon.

SRAM Apex seems to be a bit of an oddity at the moment, in that it is not really comparable to any of the other groupos in regard to its range... might be better to compare that to an mtb groupo at the moment, event hough it would be fundamentally wrong.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Campagnolo no longer list Xenon or Mirage, though there are still a number of 2011 bikes for sale with these groupsets fitted. Using up old stock???

NotFabian

EACC
Really with the Campag gear? I have my eye on a Wilier Triestina 2011 Road Bike @ £1115 and the derailleurs are both Mirage, that's bottom of the range stuff then???
Just bought La Triestina yesterday, it had mirage/veloce mix...great job looks fantastic, really happy with it.

Top Bottom