dieppe > Pau

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albal

Guru
doing a ride from the above. Is via michelin the best way to get a decent cycle route? As many of the 'old' N roads are now re classified and are 'D' roads. Ie busy and narrow!!! not good. any suggestions??

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Via Michelin is good but I'd personally get an atlas and work out my own route using as many white roads as I could and stopping in towns I fancied.

Sounds like a great trip though...

Crankarm

Guru
Aye that'll be a great journey. Buy a large French Michelin Road Atlas, one of my favourite maps, and as Cathryn says, plan your own route.

Bon voyage!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
As the others have said, the best way to do a route is to have a rough idea of the direction, where you want or can stop overnight and then change it en route if necessary using a suitably scaled map.
You might want to change the route for a variety of reasons so it doesn't do to be too rigid.

OP
OP
albal

albal

Guru
Thanks for the advice guys & gals, We have the marker on the map and will be pretty flexible ,re; stopping places for food/rest etc, as we are both ex 'drivers', the nearest 'routiers' will be the place. Depart 20 march.
Thanks & au revoir

Top Bottom