Dieppe to Nice - who's done it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DrWatto

Good evening,

Looking for any advice from folk who have cycled all of or any part of Dieppe to Nice... We're planning it over two weeks in August, and starting to put the route together.

Any suggestions/routes appreciated!

DrWatto

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Unridden suggestion: Avenue Verte to Paris, EV3 south to the Loire, EV6 Loire à Vélo east to Paray le Monial, cut across to Mâcon, south to Lyon, Via Rhona to Avignon, east on EV8 to Nice.

I've only ridden EV6 west of there, but that was fine. There's lots written online about the Avenue Verte. If wanting to avoid Paris, V16 and V41 via Vernon to Chartres and then D roads to Orléans looks the best route on the map but no idea how it is on the ground.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
One of the best parts is planning your own route. There’s an infinite choice of options, all equally good. So I’ll keep my route secret and look forward to seeing what you come up with.

I went this way about 3 years ago. It's not the flattest (and it starts at Dunkerque), but it was gorgeous (and you can tick off 6 countries!):
1594114187298.png

http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/ml01/

Fram

2018 we went London to Paris (roughly avenue verte), then from EV 3 out of Paris (difficult) we linked across (Meluns, Sens) to Canal du Bourgoyne (excellent) and Dijon. After that we briefly followed the Ev 6 east (Dole) then down into the Jura and east into the Alps. We were on the via Rhona for a bit which would bring you down to Orange, Chateau Neuf du Pape. You could drop down into the Rhone valley from the Canal du Bourgoyne (roughly following the Saone) although EV3/6 would probably be quicker for you, then via Rhona south. Have a look at the "France en Velo" route as you could follow it to Nice from Chateau neuf du Pape. It's an excellent route. We used it (backwards) to come home that year having picked it up at Sault.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I've not done it and can't offer any advice whatsoever but I'd just like to say that's a lovely idea of a trip, you'll no doubt have a whale of a time, and I'm extremely, badly jealous. Chapeau, et bon courage!

Top Bottom