Diff Makes Of Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve23

ok.....

if i had a set of campag wheels, mavic wheels, and shimano wheels (for example) all with the same cassette on the rear, would they all work fine on the same bike!!?? i mean you could just swap them about willy nilly, and they would change gear ok?

thanks

walker

steve23 said:
ok.....

if i had a set of campag wheels, mavic wheels, and shimano wheels (for example) all with the same cassette on the rear, would they all work fine on the same bike!!?? i mean you could just swap them about willy nilly, and they would change gear ok?

thanks

not always 100% I have known that some wheels have a 1-2mm Layback and chain tension can change

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I can swap my Ultegra hubbed "winter wheels" with my Reynolds go faster wheels without problem, same cassette. Just need to open-up the brakes a little as the CXP22 rims are fractionally wider/meatier than the Reynolds, otherwise, just plug and play, no other adjustment.

bianco

I have to adjust my rear mech when changing as I find my shimano wheels have the cassette about 2mm further from the hub. No real issues though, takes all of 30 seconds.

Top Bottom