Difference between Brooks B17 normal and narrow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_dombat

My Brooks Team Pro fell to bits, so I replaced it with a Brooks B17. This seems "wide" for my large thighs. Would the B17 narrow be narrower in the thigh department or does that relate only to the seat part (same width nose as normal B17).

I might revert to another Team Pro, but they seem to have gone up £30 since I got mine in 2004 ;)

The B17N is indeed narrower than the normal B17.
I switched from the standard model to the Narrow version for exactly the same reason. There's a website with pictures of the whole range taken from above which shows the difference. Damned if I can recall what the site is though...

IIRC the B17N has the same width as their racing models, the Swallow and the Swift.

Danny

Legendary Member
A B17N is narrower all along the full length - so should allow more room for your thighs.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
mr_dombat said:
My Brooks Team Pro fell to bits, so I replaced it with a Brooks B17. This seems "wide" for my large thighs. Would the B17 narrow be narrower in the thigh department or does that relate only to the seat part (same width nose as normal B17).

I might revert to another Team Pro, but they seem to have gone up £30 since I got mine in 2004 B)

The Team Pro is about half way between the B17 Std and the B17 Narrow in terms of width.
I find the Team Pro right, the B17 Std a bit wide between the thighs but not enough so to make me swap it off, and the B17 Narrow unusable (as tested by using the Swift, which is the same width).

I sympathise on prices - I blame the Italians. The Ti Team Pro is now £70 more than when I bought mine. Still, I'd sooner they charged lots than went bust because they didn't charge enough.

Top Bottom