Digi video recorder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
My neighbour has been trying to get his Goodmans Digital Tapeless Video Recorder to actually do that - ie record digi telly. He gets a message which says that there are 0 Mb left on the disk despite the fact that he's never recorded anything - it did it from new :confused:. He's re-formatted the disk but still no joy :?:. It came from Argos with a "if it's broke we won't take it back" sort of deal - whatever that is :confused:

Any thoughts out there :tongue:

I've googled Goodmans and my general feel of this product from forums and reviews is that it's bad news - but those are a few years old now. Shouldn't the problems have been sorted by now:rolleyes:

Rob S

twentysix by twentyfive said:
He's re-formatted the disk but still no joy :tongue:. It came from Argos with a "if it's broke we won't take it back" sort of deal - whatever that is :confused::

Unless that means he stole it from Argos it still has to be of merchantable quality!!

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Rob S said:
Unless that means he stole it from Argos it still has to be of merchantable quality!!

No he didn't "acquire" it in the way you suggest. Hence my confusion over the deal he reported.

I think he should lurk in Argos on a saturday and wait till they are really really busy and then demand that they sort the problem in an acceptable fashion:evil:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Argos do the no returns thing on some products. Although i didnt think it was no return even if it was broke. I know when i bought some rechargable batteries it was a no refunds unless they were broke. Just remembered that on some items argos dont take them back, i think they have to be sent of to the company(like Goodmans) and they then deal with it. I heard someone being told it when they bought an X box or some game console.
The best thing i think would be to go into Argos and see what your neighbour should do about it.

Joe

Rob S

Joe24 said:
Argos do the no returns thing on some products.
Joe

Yeah like earrings!!!:tongue:

All sounds mildly illegal to me...the contract is between you and Argos, not you and Goodmans.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Don't get goodmans, they are awful. Don't do argos digiboxes, they are overpriced and awful. If it is the goodmans box I think it is it only has one tuner anyway so it's a rip-off. The only refurbed PVR I would buy would be a Humax, my current one (they don't make them anymore) or a Tivo. I'm guessing it was some sort of refurb?

If you look on digitalspy (when not under maintenance) or avforums, they generally have info on every little bug and problem in any set-top box ever made, and sometimes solutions.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
The reason for the NON-REFUND is to stop folk buying a digital reception product, taking it home, plugging it in, finding that they can't receive a signal and then taking it back.

If it doesn't work, they will have to take it back , as it is not fit for purpose etc.

Top Bottom