Dilemma

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matt-g

Been thinking about buying a new bike and here's the deal

My Carrera TDF is fast, but not that comfortable and I seem to spend most of my time riding on cycle tracks which are a mixture of Tarmac and gravel(I bought this second hand on a whim as a cheap way of getting back into biking and fancied trying a road bike, with a nothing ventured, nothing gained approach)

I'd originally thought I may upgrade to a Cube Agree in due course but having second thoughts based upon my riding preferences.....not sure this is the right way to go at the moment, due to the surfaces upon which I ride.

I've also got an inherited classic Raleigh Chiltern which is supremely comfortable....downside is that's it's slow.

Can anyone recommend a bike that's fast and able to handle the loose grit of cycle tracks plus Tarmac to and from these tracks.....I live in a hilly area I'm afraid!

(Btw I've already got an old carrera MTB for the more serious stuff, which I tend to do very little of these days due to an old injury plaguing me)

I've purposely not set a budget for this.....it depends more upon the bike than the cost.

Incidentally, I've seen a Carrera Subway for about £230 which may well fit the bill, but thought I'd through it put there to gauge opinions

Other bikes I've considered are a Spesh Tricross.

Is there anything else that anyone can recommend?

Thanks

Last edited:

BSRU

A Human Being
Genesis Croix de Fer.

Top Bottom