Disappointed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Falwheeler

Feeling abit disappointed, I know there's no substitute for hours on the bike but for various reasons I haven't been able to get out much so far this year but I have been using the bike at the gym and going to spin classes. My fitness must have improved, I've lost a stone and a half and brought my blood pressure down from "dangerously high" to normal, but out on the bike this week I didn't feel any fitter or stronger, no increase in average speed :sad: .
Guess I'm going to have to put in a lot more road miles :bicycle:

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Just relax and enjoy :smile: make sure you do a couple of leisurely recovery rides where you leave all computers at home! It's amazing how we become slaves to them.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
You probably have improved in lots of ways.

I hear interval training can help increase your average speed. Not tried it myself though as its so hilly around here it's like i have natural intervals!

Also I'm afraid gym bikes are no substitute for the real thing, variations on surface, wind inclines all take their toll on speed. Doing lots of :bicycle: will help you deal with that.

OP
OP
Falwheeler

Falwheeler

Oh I know about hills I'm down here in Cornwall. Forecast for tomorrow is good so will be out on club ride, see how things go. Hope I start improving soon, I'm doing the Dartmoor Classic in June, my first sportiive 'tho I've done lot's of Audax

OP
OP
Falwheeler

Falwheeler

Thank you all, went out with the "Club" this morning, lovely morning here, bright sunshine. Just did the short ride 30 miles but felt good and happy with my performance, onwards and upwards :wahhey:

Top Bottom