Disc brake mounts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan B

Disengaged member
OK, this is actually for a cargo bike not an MTB, but there's no cargo bike forum and I figure the MTB crowd know about hydraulic braking ...

We have a four wheeled bike. The front wheels are braked by Sachs Powerdiscs (AIUI no longer made) which are held to the frame using two bolts 45mm apart. The bolts are parallel to the rotor, not the axle: i.e. this looks more like "Post mount" than "IS mount", although as far as I know post mount usually has a 74mm separation between bolts, not 45mm

Anyway, they are b0rked (bleed screw heads are cheesed and unreplaceable, also the master cylinder adjustment no longer functions) and need replacement. We're proposing to put a Magura Big Twin on there instead (two front wheels, one lever) but I think it's an IS mount or similar.

So, and I'm getting to the actual question here, I think an adaptor is likely to be required. Does anyone know if this is going to be a standard part or if we need to get it specially made? If there was a mass-produced fork or another kind of caliper ever made with 45mm separation that would improve our chances, I guess

I found the same calipers on ebay, so you can look there for picture:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Sachs-P...ItemQQimsxZ20090424?IMSfp=TL090424205007r4575

Mr Pig

coruskate said:
I figure the MTB crowd know about hydraulic braking ...

Apparently not ;0)

bonj2

Standard part? wouldn't appear so.
Who makes the frame of this cargo bike that they are fixing to - are they still in business?
If not you're looking at custom fabrication.

as far as i know, disk mounts are normally a standard size and layout, there is post mount, IS and the older version of IS

there should be an adapter for any of the above to fit the caliper your wanting to

might be best taking it to a bike shop tho to ask

Top Bottom