Disc specific wheel & caliper brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peteaud

Veteran
Think I've ordered a disc specific rear wheel http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mavic-aksium-one-rear-wheel-2015/rp-prod126995 when I wanted the ordinary version. Aside from returning the item, would an ordinary 105 caliper set up work with this wheel?

Not that i know for certain, but ive been looking at these wheels myself, and i think they are disc specific, so no as there is no machined rim.

But your link shows a machined rim standard wheel.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
The wheel you've orderd has a cnc machined brake track, so yes it will work with caliper brakes

OP
OP
bennydorano

bennydorano

Veteran
Cheers lads, thought they looked ok, but then saw a bit of text in the spec about disc specific that was making me wonder.

OP
OP
bennydorano

bennydorano

Veteran
Is there anything on the spec to clarify one way or t'other? Can't see anything.

OP
OP
bennydorano

bennydorano

Veteran
There's a mistake somewhere then, they r either disc specific & they've the wrong photo or the words 'disc specific' have meandered their way into a standard rear wheel sales pitch?

OP
OP
bennydorano

bennydorano

Veteran
Wheel arrived, everything looks ok to me, but are there any obvious signs I should be looking out for? (Wheel on, cassette on, going up & down gears without dropping off)

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Well if it's a disc specific wheel there will be (on the non drive size ie: opposite cassette) a star looking thing with 6 holes.

But I'd be confident you have in fact bought the correct wheel

Top Bottom